Wednesday, July 14, 2010

cheese toast sandwhich

This is one of my personal favourites as i like cheese very much and this is my mom's recipe,infact we all siblings luv cheese very much and i still remember  years back my mom use to buy the amul cubes which we get in india ,she used to grate them and make this toast sandwhich ,we use to luv those cubes very much and while grating i use to tell my mom to make only plain cheese sandwhich without any vegetables even that tastes yum with little black pepper pwd  in it ,this is perfect breakfast for kids also,my daughter too loves it .Now that im here ,outside india i have used store bought shredded cheese which is quite handy though i still miss the taste of those amul cubes :),after toasting them in sandwhich maker ,it becomes crisp from outside but creamy and mouth melting from inside,thats what i like about it.Wish i could take the pictures of inside of the sandwhich part, after these two clicks my camera battery was over,but atleast i managed to take these pics,it was showing low battery sign that time but i wanted to somehow take few pics  of them and damn.... these low battery things :( and by the time i charged my camera it was very obvious ........
 Approx : makes 4 sandwhiches
ingredients :
1-11/2 cup shredded  cheese ( i used mozerella )
1 small finely chopped onion
1 small finely chopped tomato
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
salt to taste
black pepper pwd to taste
kala namak ( black salt ) to taste
8 any sandwhich size bread slices
salt to taste
butter
green corrainder chutney
method :
Mix cheese,onion,tomato,capsicum,salt,pepper and kala namak together and keep aside.Take 2 bread slices and spread chutney on one side  of the bread and butter on the other side,spread around 2-3 tbsp of cheese filling between the two breads  on the chutney side and the butter side should be on top.Preheat the sandwhich maker,place the cheese sandwhich and  toast till crisp from outer side and cheese is melted in between,make the same with the remaining breads and fillings..Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
pls note : if you dont have the sandwhich maker,you can try toasting it on a preheated nonstick tawa/griddle on a medium flame also.

11 comments:

  1. Feel like grabbing that delicious sandwich, one of my favourite too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I make this too dear for the lunch box or evening snacks and kids love it. I agree with Priya completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my fav....looks yum,delcious and awesome pics..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that mix looks soooooooooooo delish !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fav..looks sooo yummy anytime I can have this...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yumm yumm yumm.. I love this sandwich... Nice cheesy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite too... even today when I've craving for whole lot of cheese, this is my common breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank u gals for ur lovely comments..
    @ pari thank u so much for joining my fb networked blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sandwich and quick to make. Make this on weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sandwich looks delicious and I am hungry at the sight of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats so nice one
    really liked the filling..
    best for bf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog,please do drop a line with your expert thoughts...