Friday, March 19, 2010

beetroot patties

The other day had been to market and found some good bunches of beetroot,so i just grabbed them though i am not so fond of beets but if they are bolied i just cherish them with light seasoning of pepper,salt and lime juice,which my mom used to forcefully make me eat when i was expecting my baby.Since then boiled beetroot  has become my favourite.I already had few that way and still had some leftovers so wanted to try something else and then as usual i went on following few of my favourite blogs which i started following recently ,and soon discovered The Singing Chef raaga's beetroot patties , also simultaneously was going through divya's dilse blog who is hosting Tried and Tasted -march 2010 edition in which we can try any of raaga's recipe and post,wow !! sounds superb idea of posting an exact recipe in my blog who is one of my favaourite fellow bloggers.So here i am with the rare & unusual combination of peanuts & beetroots on which my hubby was bowled over,this recipe replica is taken from The Singing Chef ,i have tried the exact recipe just one single change as my bread stock was over though had some bread crumbs left in my pantry so i had to use them and now this recipe is going to tasted and tried event.
ingredients :
1/2 cup grated beetroot
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp green chiilies paste
1 tsp red chilli pwd
1 tsp corriander cumin pwd
1/2 tsp amchur pwd/ dry mango pwd
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp roasted peanuts
2-3 bread slices or 1/2 cup bread crumbs
cornflour to coat the patties
salt to taste
method :
heat oil,fry ginger,garlic and green chillies paste for a minute.Add beetroot & carrot and fry for few minutes,add peanuts,all dry powders and salt,cook for another 3-4 minutes,add bread crumbs or if using the bread slices then can crumble into the mixture and mix well.Take off the flame and allow to cool.Form balls of this mixture ,slightly flatten them and give the desired shape with your palms ,coat them with dry cornflour and shallow fry both the sides till crisp and dark in clour.serve hot with tomato ketch up .

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    First time here,you have a lovely space and innovative recipes,i have added to my bloglist!.
    Beetroot patties are tempting!!!!,i wanna try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx leena for the lovely comment and adding me to ur bloglist....hope to see u here more often..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonu,
    I made this patties when Rinku _ Nitin were here...everybody liked it so much....its really a good dish & healthy too...keep posting....i will try some more recipe frm here...will let u know...thx....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog,please do drop a line with your expert thoughts...