Monday, January 11, 2010

shakarpare

It was my first diwali without my family in australia and was really depressed as didnt know some good diwali snacks to make and suddenly one of my freinds over here encouraged me and helped me in making few of the yummeist and easiest snacks,this shakarpare is one of them,thanx to her..Here the quantity given is half but i made double of it and it was a large amount which i had stored and kept for nearly 15-20 days and also distributed some amongst my friends ;),they all liked it very much,it was basically a very good attempt.
ingredients :
250gms plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2cup ghee
1/2cup water
oil for deep frying
method :
boil sugar,water and ghee together till the sugar dissolves completely.take the flour in mixing bowl and add this sugar syrup still its little warm.make a tight dough.take an orange size ball and roll a big chapati sized circle about 1/2 cm thick and cut into diamond shape or square shape.deep fry in medium flame till brown in colour.let it cool and store in air tight jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting my blog,please do drop a line with your expert thoughts...