Saturday, January 09, 2010

matar kachori

Once i had invited my friends over dinner and just cudnt think of any starter,mean time my mom called and it just clicked me to ask her who's an expertie in cooking ,no matter it is presenting the dish or any tips,she is just perfect and so instant that she immediately gave me 4-5 ideas on my 10 mins overseas call ,so here i picked the easiest and fastest of all and prepared the matar kachori which my freinds cherished and shared my recipie too.
ingredients for filling :
2 cups green peas (fresh/frozen)
2-3 green chillies
1 inch pc ginger
1tbsp gram flour
1 tsp red chilli pwd
1 tsp turmeric pwd
1tsp amchur pwd
1 tsp fennel seeds
1tsp corriander seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
salt
1tbsp oil
1tsp garam masala
ingredients for dough :
2 cups maida
2 tbsp oil
salt
luke warm water
method :
mix maida ,oil,salt,some water and make a dough.crush ginger,green chillies in a mixer , add peas and crush coarsely all together.heat some oil,add cumin,fennel,corriander seeds.add crushed peas  and mix well.add all the masalas ,gram flour and mix well.take a puri sized portion of dough,roll it into a small puri shape size ,fill in a tbsp of the peas mixture and seal the edges and make a ball,flatten this ball and roll out into small puri and deep fry till it gets brown and serve hot with green chutney and tamarind chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting my blog,please do drop a line with your expert thoughts...